Table of Contents
Instant Pot Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 10 mins | Total: 20 mins
This Instant Pot Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken recipe is so tasty it will soon become one of your family’s favorite go-to Instant Pot chicken recipes. It is super easy to make, only takes 20 mins in total, and is packed full of flavor.
These chicken thighs come out perfect every time due to the pressure cooking method used.
For this recipe, we used the Instant Pot Duo 7 in 1
The pressure cooking of an Instant Pot (or pressure cooker of choice) ensures that the chicken thighs are perfectly cooked each and every time. The garlic and brown sugar compliment each other extremely well and will have your family/guests asking for more!
You can use this Instant Pot Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken recipe as a guide to experimenting with different ingredients. For example, we added some red pepper flakes to the pot while in sauté mode (which had a great effect on the taste!).
If you are looking for a great Instant Pot chicken recipe then this is the one for you, your friends and family will thank you!
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. (0.4kg-1kg) chicken thighs (keep the bond in and skin on)
- salt (to season chicken)
- ground black pepper (to season chicken)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and ground black pepper on both sides of the chicken.
- Turn on sauté mode on your pressure cooker.
- Add the olive oil one the pot is fully heated and hot.
- Pan sear the chicken thighs (skin side down first) until both sides turn nicely brown. (if you prefer you can pan sear the chicken in a skillet and then transfer into the pressure cooker once done)
- Add the minced garlic and sauté until light brown (be sure not to burn).
- Add the chicken broth, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Cover the pot and select Manual and set to pressure cooker to high and cook for 8 mins.
- Turn the pressure cooker to quick release once it beeps.
- When the valve drops, remove the lid carefully and turn to sauté mode to reduce the sauce if it’s too watery for you liking.
- Finally, add the chopped parsley and serve immediately.
We hope you enjoy this wonderful Instant Pot Garlic & Brown Sugar Chicken Recipe!
My Kitchen Essentials
I get a lot of messages asking what kitchen utensils I use so here is a list and link to some of the things I have in my kitchen.