Table of Contents
- 1 Amazing Instant Pot Lentil Soup | Vegan
- 2 My Kitchen Essentials
- 3 6 Great Pressure Cookers
Amazing Instant Pot Lentil Soup | Vegan
Prep time: 10 mins | Cook time: 45 mins | Total: 55 mins*
*25 mins of the cooking time is waiting for the Instant Pot to reach the correct pressure
This Amazing Instant Pot Lentil Soup is full of goodness and so much healthier than any store bought soup you can buy. It is extremely easy to make and packed full of flavor.
In my opinion, there is nothing better than having a bowl of home made soup when the weather is cold and rainy outside. It is so comforting and satisfying.
This is literally a set and forget recipe and you will have an amazing soup ready in no time.
Many people overlook Lentils but they are such a great way to get vital nutrients into your body and they add lovely texture to your meal. They are truly one of the greatest things you can eat!
If you are looking for something to do in the kitchen on a cold winter day, this is an amazing soup recipe that will fill your house with such good smells.
This soup can be served right away or you could also freeze it so you have some ready made meals when needed!
You can make all sorts of variations and add different things like spinach, kale, basil and oregano for different flavors.
This soup is great on its own or you could serve it with bread to dip in the broth! It also goes well as a side dish at dinner time alongside some awesome roasted vegetables from your favorite cookbook!
This recipe will deliver that warm feeling of being taken care of when eating it.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 10 oz (300 grams) green or brown lentils about 1.5 cups, rinsed, no need to presoak
- 4 cups (1 litre) vegetable stock or broth/low sodium
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 (14.5oz-400g) can diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves optional
- 1 juice of lemon
- Add all of the ingredients except for the spinach leaves and lemon juice to the Instant Pot and mix it all together.
- Secure the lid and set the vent to SEALING. Select the PRESSURE COOK/MANUAL setting and set the cooking time for 20 minutes at high pressure. The Instant Pot will take around 10 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking. When the cooking program ends, allow the steam to be naturally released (this will take an additional 10-15 minutes)
- Carefully remove the lid, and add the spinach leaves. Mix, and cover with the lid again so that the spinach leaves wilt. Have a taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Serve warm with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, and crusty bread on the side.
- Fridge – Allow the soup to completely cool and place any leftovers in an air tight container and pop it into the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Freezer – Allow the soup to completely cool and place in freezer-safe containers. It will last in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheat – You can either use a stovetop (medium heat) or a microwave to re-heat the soup. Be sure the soup is hot all the way through before serving.
My Kitchen Essentials
I get a lot of messages asking what kitchen utensils I use so here is a list and link to some of the things I have in my kitchen.